Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Throwdown is On!

I made this cake for a throwdown (contest - for those of you not familiar with the younger vernacular) on an online cake forum that includes cake decorators from around the world. I'm competing against another decorator (if we can call ourselves that at this point) who has been decorating the same amount of time as I have. The theme was romance, in anticipation of Valentine's Day. Everything on the cake is made of edible materials. Everyone on the site has a chance to vote and the results will be known in a week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!





Update: Thanks so much to all of you who voted for my cake. I appreciate the support! Unfortunately, I lost by 30 votes, but held 45% of the votes overall. I was proud of my showing!

1 comment:

Kim J said...

The UofU BEAST cake was an absolute HIT! The 13 and 14 yr old boys were excited by the logo of their favorite team! And the flavor of the cake was incredible--super moist, dense, yummy chocolate! Our sincere compliments to the chef and decorating artist! xxxooo